Saturday, August 23, 2014

Celebrating this Week with One Word: Positivity

End of Summer Thought for Daydreamer: 
It is better to linger in the moment sparking creativity 
than be stressed and fixated on deadlines and to do lists. 

Tonight I stopped long enough to hear the message of a beautiful song, "We celebrate, we believe!" that validates my summertime belief. With that song in my heart, I celebrate a beautiful ending to a week spent mixing relaxing moments with creative endeavors and work commitments. I took a family jaunt to the beach, strolled the boardwalk, wrote a piece for the Slice of Life Community, Summer Serenity Photo Essay Unfolds in an Upcoming Gallery, another for Poetry FridaySummer Captures My Heart While Work Waits, conferenced about upcoming professional development workshops, and conversed with colleagues in various educational Twitter chats. Both the phone conferences and PLN conversations were rich and engaging - constructive buzzing about back to school topics and possibilities for a new year of learning-another reason to celebrate. 

One magical word comes to mind when I think of this week: positivity.


Now it is time to enhance my end of summer thought for a daydreamer:

Let creativity channel your hours 
And percolate your thoughts
While the power of faith
Allows you to believe in a network of possibilities
To celebrate each and every moment.

With that brief interlude I am now sparked to gather steam and dig deep into the work I need to do. May your upcoming week be filled with positivity.

Join Ruth Ayres this week to celebrate her week's story ( a memorable one) and the reflections of others in the writing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment