Thursday, October 30, 2014

Importance of Community

All week I have been connecting with colleagues and family, whether it be face-to-face or virtually, so it seemed odd that I missed Holly Mueller’s tweet about Spiritual Journey Thursday. Backtracking my steps, I found the tweet announcing this week's topic to be community. Excitedly, I sat down at the computer composing this post. I felt confident that this week's activity validated my desire to connect with others as a commitment to life, learning, and community. 

In the midst of the normal day-to-day living, we sometimes forget that  community brings us to a conscious level of appreciating life; lifts us up; applauds our successes; redirects our missteps. Where would we be without community? Proverbs 15:22 says, "Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed." This validates the importance of community as a close support group to living a meaningful life.  

So this fall, to be a fully engaged member of my communities, I will:
Notice, wonder, and connect from a stance of positivity
Appreciate what nature and life have to offer
Listen to His Voice as He guides my steps

YouTube notes the song, "I Will Listen" sung by Twila Paris, as "a popular Christian gospel song good for community singing, singing together at gatherings, fellowship, worship, or parties."

You can follow Holly Mueller and the writers of Spiritual Journey Thursday here. 
I value the Spiritual Journey Thursday community who supports, lifts, and brings joy. 
Read how the word community resonates with each member.
I would like to showcase a quote from Holly's blog introducing the topic of community for this line holds truth: "Becaue it is in HIS nature to abide in community, it is also in ours. Isn't that amazing?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment