Thursday, June 18, 2015

Laughter

Who can deny that laughter is the best medicine in the world?  When you laugh, happiness feels the room and smiles appear. So why do most people not spend the day laughing? 
Betty White is a classic example of a woman who brings humor to the screen. Just look at her warm chuckle in the poster. The picture alone brings a smile to my face. Who can forget the scene from Mary Poppins, I Love to Laugh?  Dick Van Dyke's laughter is infectious. Watch the video and laugh along with Van Dyke and Ed Wynn. 


I found some quotes on laughter that resonated with me. The following one by Tom Nansbury fits nicely with my positivity campaign. "An optimist laughs to forget; a pessimist forgets to laugh."  When life gets the best of you, turn on a comedy, recall the scene from Mary Poppins, or just enjoy either a quiet or boisterous laugh.

The quote, "The earth laughs in flower...," by Ralph Waldo Emerson reminds me that the season of spring is almost over. I smiled a good deal when my garden started blooming this spring. Many of the offerings I am receiving for the Spring's Symphony Gallery are of bold, beautiful flowers that are full of joy. The Emerson quote will find its way into my gallery. 


While living life with positivity as our guide, I can't forget this wonderful quote: "At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities." -Jean Houston



The final quote reminds me that the Creator of life is our comfort.

"Laugher is God's hand on the shoulder of a troubled world." 
-Bettenell Huntznicker

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him for the help of His countenance." -Psalm 42:5  God's smile lightens the world. Smile along with Him each day and bring laughter into your life. 

May this post allow you to smile at the start of your day. Feel the warmth of a good chuckle and let the sunshine in.  

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Each Thursday Holly Mueller invites writers to Spiritual Journey Thursday's community. This week's topic is laughter. Please visit the site to read the different interpretations on the theme.




No comments:

Post a Comment