Saturday, December 12, 2015

Into the Fog

Traveling on Long Island is usually a unique experience 
in managing and maneuvering traffic. 

Back in Time
During my college days, I remember visiting my roommate's family who lived in the western part of Long Island. I was shocked at the busy traffic patterns and the amount of drivers on the road. When I returned to capital area region i thought about the drivers who could capably manage the craziness of the multi-lane highways. Little did I know that one day I would be part of the Long Island morning and evening routine rush hours. 

Fast Forward to 2015
Yesterday while traveling to a workshop on Long Island during the morning rush, a dense pocket of grey matter hovered over the highway. My quiet time that I set aside for reviewing the day's events and observing nature was over. I needed to pay attention to driver safety rules and be cautious and mindful of how to maneuver my car when exiting the parkway. Luckily for me, I was not in the thick of the soupy fog as others were. The fog crept in and walked out silently with the travelers all arriving safely to our destination. 




Life is to be celebrated each day. Being mindful leads to clearer insight. 
Move from the fog into the clearing! 


*********

Each week the blogging community, Celebrate This Week led by Ruth Ayres, writes about their weekly celebrations. Please visit the site here.



Also please visit Mary Lee Hahn's Poetrepository where Mary Lee is encouraging all to create haikus and poetry alongside here. Please visit that site here

No comments:

Post a Comment