Friday, January 1, 2016

One Word to Guide My Journey

When the pen stands still
the writer's heart awakens the mind.

Sometimes there is a lull in the word weaving process.
It comes when the spirit feels depleted
and the realities of life interfere.
It seeps in quietly, surreptitiously,
and complicates emotions
until the light of the fire flickers
 and triggers a spark.
It is then that the urging of the heart
rises to meet the mind
 and spins simple words
into golden threads.

Now is the time for me to be in the moment and ponder the infinite possibilities of life with an open mind and a listening ear. (My one words from 2014 and 2015 were openness and listen.) Which word will I invite into my life this? After much deliberation this past December, my one word to guide my 2016 journey found me. It is:


I offer Josh Groban's live performance of Believe as a way of celebrating the magic of one word to guide my journey.


The words of Believe are poetry in song.


What does the one word believe mean to me?

Belief that
Every
Life
Inspired
Event (whether positive or not)
inVigorates and adds to
Each of my days.

In the days to come, I will look more closely at this word and ponder its impact on my journey. Until then, please visit Mary Lee Hahn and Franki Sibberson's site, Year of Reading for Poetry Friday. 


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment