Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Peaceful Prospect

Everyone needs time away from the routine to recoup and refresh. Mother's Day Weekend was my time to savor family moments and discover a peaceful prospect. 

On a dismal-looking Friday before Mother's Day, my husband, son, and I traveled to Virginia to visit my daughter and son-in-law in their new home. The rains did not cease to teem the entire ride down but that did not put a damper on the day for me. Celebrating with the family is my gratitude time no matter what the weather holds in store. 

While the rains continued to pelt and the cool temperature remained, we arrived in Reston and rode through the neighborhood until we found the new home owners' residence. With only a quick peek through the rain soaked windows we were off to my daughter's google-like office space. To say that I was in awe of the new home and work environment is an understatement. 

You can access photos of the weekend here

The second day greeted us with sunshine and pleasantries of life. The entire area was full of nature's nooks and crannies. There was greenery in abundance and long stretches of nature paths. The sounds of spring filled the air. A chipmunk hid; the birds swooped in to nibble on their findings; streams rippled on. 

Mother's Day 2016 was a memory never to be forgotten. It was my time to slow down and savor peaceful moments. 


This notice poem evolved from observation and reflection.

At Slice of Life today, Two Writing Teachers posted a mantra: Write, Share, Give. That sounds like another peaceful prospect to me. What will bring peace to your day?
Write. Share. Give.
You can access the link here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment