Friday, June 24, 2016

Heart Centering

Today during yoga class, in the dim light of the studio, my heart centered and connected with others. There was a sense of calm in the room as the teacher led us through a series of movements to find our balance and inner peace. It was just an ordinary day but the difference was in the feeling that I felt as I left the studio. As the day progressed, I was not swayed by the unexpected "stresses" of life. It was just an ordinary day but I observed it in an unordinary way for me-calmly throughout the entire day.  

The heart is at the center point of all beings-where the energies converge...where you connect with self and one another.
~Elissa Balabam

Throughout the day, I continued to feel the energy that emanated from my yoga practice. I created, designed, and moved closer toward the completion of my team's ILA 16 Conference presentation, amidst the usual household tasks. After many edits and arrangements, the flyer for the session was completed until just now. I sit here shocked that I missed one small edit that was needed but thanks to today's heart centering, I made it through one more rewrite. This is positivity at work.

When I first wrote the poem below, little did I know that it really was from my heart center. It found its way to a public forum as the backdrop for my Meet the Presenter page in the ILA 16 slide presentation. 

Spring is still in the air, despite the fact that we are now officially part of summer. Spring holds a special sentiment for me. Delighted, I examine the offerings for my gallery, Spring's Seeds, that will find its way into a gallery formation soon. For now, I read and write and think spring with poet Amy Lowell.
Spring Day

Related Poem Content Details

Bath The day is fresh-washed and fair, and there is a smell of tulips and narcissus in the air.
 The sunshine pours in at the bath-room window and bores through the water in the bath-tub in lathes and planes of greenish-white. It cleaves the water into flaws like a jewel, and cracks it to bright light.
Lowell moves throughout her day speaking of the spring in a calming but exuberant manner. She allows the reader to enter into her day and see spring through her eyes.  

In the fresh-washed sunlight, the breakfast table is decked and white. It offers itself in flat surrender, tendering tastes, and smells, and colours, and metals, and grains, and the white cloth falls over its side, draped and wide...

The rest of the text spills forth with Amy Lowell's pure love of a full spring day and ends with: 

Pale blue lavender, you are the colour of the sky when it is fresh-washed and fair . . . I smell the stars . . . they are like tulips and narcissus . . . I smell them in the air.
 You can read the Amy Lowell's Spring Day at Poetry Foundation here.   

Stay tuned for Spring's Seeds Gallery to be unveiled. While you are waiting, you can view digital seeds of inspiration at the hashtag, #SpringsSeeds, and watch the photolog video here. In the gallery, you will find the 2016 Progressive Poem and many other digital compositions that sprouted from seeds of inspiration. I hope you join me at my garden when I announce its opening. 

Now, please visit poet, librarian, researcher extraordinaire, Diane Mayr, at her site, Random Noodling, for today's Poetry Friday Round-Up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment