Thursday, November 10, 2016

Linger Awhile in Autumn

There is a certain calm in the November air as I gaze into an autumn field. The chill does not dissuade me. I stay transfixed on the peacefulness of the scene, pick up my  camera lens, and freeze the quiet beauty of morning. I capture its essence thinking that winter is waiting to make its entrance. For the time being, I linger to notice the last colors of autumn and wonder how this feeling of serenity will affect my day. Then, I turn to join my colleagues for a day of learning.

The digitized image below is a combination of apps smashed to capture the serene morning scene.


I showcase Emily Bronte's poem for its lines that resonate with me: Every leaf speaks bliss to me/Fluttering from the autumn tree. 

Fall, leaves, fall
By Emily Bronte

Related Poem Content Details


Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away; 
Lengthen night and shorten day; 
Every leaf speaks bliss to me 
Fluttering from the autumn tree. 
I shall smile when wreaths of snow 
Blossom where the rose should grow; 
I shall sing when night’s decay 
Ushers in a drearier day.
Source: Poets of the English Language (Viking Press, 1950)

Linger awhile in Autumn. Then, turn to Jama's Alphabet Soup, the wonderful blog site of Jama Rattigan, poetry advocate, blogger, and food connoisseur where you will find the Poetry Friday Roundup. 


Continue the path of wonder with Margaret Simon and the DigitLit Sunday community this week as they discuss the topic, purpose. 
Being inspired to capture fall this season has led me on a purposeful digital journey. You can access a new digital composition I created, a revolving Rubik's cube of three autumn scenes, here.

Gentle Reminder: 
I am accepting diglitacompositions, inspirational quotes, image poems for AutumnventurePlease submit your offerings this coming week. Be one of the creative voices of my newest global gallery of artistic expressions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment