Saturday, January 7, 2017

Keeping Hope Alive

After hearing the news of the shooting in Florida, I was dismayed, horrified, and disheartened by what is happening in the world. When did hate and ill feelings become the norm? Why are there people continuing to rob the world of joy? 

In a comment to Linda Baie, who hosted Poetry Friday yesterday, I wrote: " Life is short, fragile, and uncertain, as evidenced by today's tragedy. Joy* needs to be found and spread." I was contemplating this when I read April Halprin Wayland's Poetry Friday post about a contest at Six-Word Memoirs that asks how do you keep hope alive in exactly Six Words. This project appropriately fits into my writing for #haikuforhealing. April's poem and her one question, "What is your Six Word Hope in this New Year?", inspired me to respond.

*(My thoughts on joy as my one word for 2017 can be found here.)

Today, I would like to celebrate ways to keep hope alive in 6 word thoughts so that joy can fill the space that surrounds me and inspire others to do the same.

KEEPING HOPE ALIVE



The above beautifully stitched poembird just arrived in the mail from Stitch Buffalo's Refugee Women's Workshop via Amy Ludwig VanDerwater. It will help me keep hope alive.

I Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres each weekend. Please visit Ruth's site here to read her inspirational message and peek in on the other writers in the community. 
Discover. Play. Build.
Also, please visit #HopeIn6Words and hopefully add your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment