Thursday, July 13, 2017

Cheesy Delight

July 14th is National Macaroni and Cheese Day. Tabatha Yeatts at The Opposite of Indifference is hosting Poetry Friday with an optional Mac-N-Cheese theme thanks to Diane Mayr for suggesting the idea. I decided to jump into the mixing bowl and find the cheesiest, creamiest, healthiest mac and cheese ensemble to grace my table. I turned to Chocolate Covered Katie who has been "voted the #1 blog for healthy comfort food recipes." Sure enough, Katie created a healthy, cheesy dish that sounds delicious, Greek Yogurt Mac and Cheese. You can read the recipe here.


When my daughter was a child, she always asked my mother for grilled cheese. Macaroni and cheese was a favorite too. 


Today, I might think differently about a diet of cheese, now that I am a new grandmother.
Conversation

Lunch please-
gooey mac and cheese!
                                                                                        Healthy choice-
                                                                                        hear my voice.
Mac and cheese-
hurry please.
                                                                                        Mac, cheese,
                                                                                        spinach agrees.

Golden delight-
not green fright.
                                                                                       Give it a try
                                                                                       Do not cry.

Now enjoy reading Kenn Nesbitt's humorous poem, 
I'm Not Picky - A Funny Food Poem for Kids.


The next thing to do is try this delightful comfort food recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment