Sunday, November 5, 2017

Celebrate Autumn's Embrace

This digital with its animated leaves and song can be accessed at Buncee.

The leaf of every tree brings a message from the unseen world. 
Look, every falling leaf is a blessing.
-Rumi

As October rolled into a new month this week, I continued to notice, wonder, and find fall. My search led me to upstate New York where I traveled to a conference. I noticed trees lining the Thruway, glittering in beautiful autumn hues, like crayons standing erect in their Crayola box. When I returned home, I was delighted to see autumn colors popping all around me. If that was not enough, connected colleagues from various parts of the United States sent me digitals to grace my repository, #AututmnAblaze. Autumn opened its arms.

Tonight, 
-its brilliance and beauty-

Tonight, I 
celebrate vivid, digital art created 
from what I noticed and wondered
on my travels.

Tonight, I celebrate daylight saving time, the opportunity to "fall" back.

I continue noticing and wondering as the leaves of autumn fall in graceful patterns here on the East Coast. Look closely at what my grandbaby, Sierra Kathryn, saw as she arrived in Palm Springs, California during daylight saving time. 

Autumn on the West Coast surely looks different but welcoming nonetheless.

I am joining Ruth Ayres at Celebrate This Week where she is turning darkness to light with her new book, Enticing Hard-to-Reach Writers 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment