Friday, March 2, 2018

March Musings #2: March Roars!

"Alert! Winter storm watch for Long Island." Every meteorologist belted out the announcement.  

I woke to what seemed to be mild rain.  Ping! An email came in from slicer Kevin Hodgson. "I worked on this this morning, since we have a snow day with high winds and sleet and snow. You probably have some elements of the same storm." 

Did I? I stepped outside. Within minutes, high winds, pelting sleet, and cold temperatures turned this winter day into a nor'easter. March roared! 

In case you are wondering what Kevin sent me, his song and image poem are below. They will be included in my upcoming Winter Wonderland Gallery.

  

"Amazing sound, Kevin." (I am sure you will agree.)
"Glad you like it! I tried to capture the ebb and flow of what was happening outside my window. The wild gusts of wind, and then, calm."

🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨

Did I mention 
my intention
to look at life's
new dimension-
to see gray rain
on window pane
swooshing storms
during winter's reign?
Did I mention
my intention
to capture hope,
life's invention-
to rid the world
of growing tension,
bringing sun's rays
best intentions!
©CVarsalona, 2018



Now within the confines of my warm home, awaiting a power outage, I bring closure to this writing. Off it goes to Poetry Friday at Renee LaTulippe's website and Two Writing Teachers' March Slice of Life here.


Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment