Monday, March 5, 2018

March Musings #4: Oscar Gold

What fun! An Oscar party with close friends. Dessert tasting plates all set with various Oscar worthy treats. Gold  sparkles, gold plates, gold candle holders all ready to be transported to my friends' home in time for the red carpet opening of the first neighborhood Oscar party. Yes, this year, we decided to celebrate Hollywood style.


Leading up to this event, I watched several shows on creating the glam look for an Oscar party. I even replicated a recipe of Daphne Oz that she shared on Rachel Ray's show. Her chocolate walnut drops recipe was extremely easy to make and delicious. "A winner!" in the words of my husband.

Did I mention that I am in charge of desserts? Since I was a little girl watching my grandmother bake, desserts have been my favorite item to make! Baking is an art but my husband also says I am the messiest baker he ever saw. My mother used to bake at night when everyone was asleep so by morning time, the kitchen had no traces of her baking except for the fragrance of whatever was in the oven. Maybe I should try that but by the time I finish baking, I don't want to be involved in the clean-up. I wonder if I have any helpers.

Day 4
 
This slice was completed in the afternoon but I forgot to send it off to Two Writing Teachers before the clock struck 12:00 AM. Guess I have to check out the scheduler button again.

No comments:

Post a Comment