Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March Musings #7: Have You Ever?

Have you ever had one of those days? You may know the type, the one that that leaves you wondering  why you forgot one more thing.




Backtrack to March 4th. I was rushing around (seems to be a normal pattern lately) trying to put the finishing touches on my professional development presentations for the week while preparing the dessert table for my friend's first neighborhood Oscars' party. 

I thought I was in full swing, being so organized and prepared. It was close to 11:oo a.m. when I finished my March Slice of Life Story Challenge blog, Oscar Gold. My husband called out to me. "Time to go carpet shopping." In my rush, I closed the computer but forgot to hit the send button. Once in the car, I realized that. "No problem. I have time to do this when I get home."

As life goes, time passes on and distractions happen. We got home later than I thought. I still had to pack my computer bag for an early morning presentation. I then, had to pack all the desserts and glam accessories for the party. All that was done but I was late for the party and wouldn't you know I forgot to hit the send button. "No problem, I can do it when I get home."


Of course, the Oscars ended later than I thought. I rushed home, tried to reorganize myself, and pushed the send button. Oops, I missed the deadline by 10 minutes. I guess I just had one of those days!

 
Day 7 of Two Writing Teachers' March Slice of Life Story Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment